Photo by Tarmo Soodla
By virtue of section 16 the immigration act, B.E. 2522 (1979), the minister of interior issues the following order to identify an alien with "hippy" characteristics:
1. A person who wears just a singlet or waistcoat without underwear.
2. A person who wears shorts which are not respectable.
3. A person who wears any type of slippers or wooden sandals, except when these are part of national costume.
4. A person who wears silk pants that do not look respectable.
5. A person who has long hair that appears untidy and dirty.
6. A person who is dressed in an impolite and dirty-looking manner.
An alien with such characteristics will be prohibited from entering the kingdom. If an alien has the above characteristics after entering the kingdom, he will be immediately deported.